Monday, April 11, 2011

{Upcycled} Candle Jars to Candy Jars

Last week while going through my reader I saw this Pickle Jar Project post by the amazingly talented ladies at eighteen25 and fell instantly in love! I loved their idea and had all of the stuff to make them except for the primer to cover the lids. Grrrr!

Then I remembered that in addition to every glass jar that comes through my house,
I also save glass candle jars! I knew they would come in handy one day;)

Booyah!

So I took a couple of these Dollar Tree Candlesticks...

a few of these candle jars with lids...
(Better Homes and Gardens filled candles from Walmart)

Added a little of this fan-freaking-tastic crafty glue...

And TA-DA!!!!!
Fancy candy jars from stuff already in my craft stash...gotta love FREE, right?

I used some Edible Easter Grass to make a nest inside one
and filled it with mini Cadburry Eggs...my favorite candy of the season.
YUM!

Hello Lovelies!

I filled the other two with Jelly Beans and Peanut Butter Cups,
and tied spring colored ribbons around each jar.

I love that these are completely neutral
and can be used for any holiday just by changing out the candy and the ribbon!

These would also be cute for a baby shower, birthday party, bridal shower, etc.

As you can see I left the jar with a different lid as it was,
so I could have a little height variation. 

They add such a fun pop of Spring color!
I {LOVE} Color.

Yeah, so I know that my print there is not "Eastery",
but I LOVE it and the colors just make me so happy.
Plus I will be SNAPPING alot of photos on Easter, so I think it fits;)

Here is what the entire top of my Buffet looks like...notice how everything is pushed in a good 8 inches? Yeah, that's because of my very mischievous curious 18 month old.

Here are the posts for the other items in this photo:

Oh, and I am sure you want to know:
The jars are not that full anymore, and for some reason my pants no longer fit.
Hmmmmm, wonder how that happened?

I am linking up with the crafty blogs HERE.


Visit thecsiproject.com

32 comments:

Rissa @ Hazel and Honeysuckle said...

Cuuute! Such a great idea! I need to go op-shopping.. And YUM! May I please have one of those creme eggs? XD

Connie the crafterbug said...

Brilliant! Thank you for sharing!

Dragonfliez Made said...

Love it... I think I have a few of those candle sticks left and I am sure I have some jars. great idea.

Rachel Sue said...

Such a great idea. I am featuring this on Reduce, Reuse, Upcycle. I love it!

Abby (Diligent Joy) said...

Oh this is adorable! I love it!

I also have one of those ever curious/sometimes naughty 18-month olds! Isn't it the best?

LP aka A Crafty Southern Chick said...

Well check you out!!! How's that for a great idea? I love it!

leah mari said...

i love all the color!

Very Verdant said...

I found this on NotaSupermom. Cute idea, although I could never fill mine with candy because I would proceed to eat it all. Can't wait to make some for our house!

Andi said...

I already knew this but you are a genius!!! Super cute! So how do you get all the candle out of the jars? Is there a trick that makes it easy? Or am I just candle challenged :-D?

Amanda said...

This is so cute, I've been swooning over these kinda jars for ages but the cost has put me off, upwards of £40!! Now thanks to your fab tutorial I can make my very own for pennys, thanks for sharing!

cajungal01 said...

These are adorable and I love the idea of using candle jars...how did you get ALL of the wax out? They really do look great!
:0)
~robin

Rosario said...

Great idea, they can make a great gift too for Easter.

Julie said...

I love it!!


The Farm Girl

Holly said...

Great thinking outside of the box and using what you had! Love that E-6000; I've used it on a few similar projects.
Visiting from CSI.

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

Love these, Amy! So cute. And great for any holiday decorating. Love me some E6000, too :)

Unknown said...

I love that half your crafts come from the Dollar Tree. Here I always thought that store was a place to take kids when they've been good and they get the reward of picking out any one item. I'll have to be more observant of the treasures that place holds.

Unknown said...

Love love love! Never would have thought to recycle candle jars!

Angie said...

Those look great! I think I may need to get on this gluing stuff to a candle stick band wagon! I love it!

Rustown Mom said...

Cute! I think my kid's "basket" this year will be filled mason jars - they hold just enough candy and are seal-able, plus my kids are older so i know they will give me the jars back. (:

AllieMakes! said...

Very cute! I like their simplicity ALOT!
Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

Katie said...

Love this idea. I've been seeing different variations of it a lot lately, but this may be my favorite. I'm going to have to search my stash. Thanks!

LrSchwtz said...

Love this idea and the display is beautiful! Please head on over to my website www.laughloveandcraft.com on Wednesday to link up to my Share the Wealth Wednesday Link Party!

Katrina @ Pics, Pages & Purls said...

what a great idea! visiting you from Sew Chatty and now a new follower!

Sunni said...

Mmmmkay, so I love this! I must try it! Thanks so much for sharing. Feel free to stop by and visit me @ http://sunnissideoflife.blogspot.com/

amber @ barbwired said...

Oh, I have been saving some of those jars! Now thanks to you, I know why!!!

amber @ barbwired

Mylène Desjardins Beadow said...

Very cute! I am totally going to do this with my Easter candy jars!

nicolette {momnivores dilemma} said...

Amy-

I get the 18 inch rule! LOL...Monkey is now capable of climbing up and dancing on said tables and other furniture.

Great idea for old jars! I need to hit the SalArmy for some candlesticks...

Thanks for linking up to Creative Juice! Hope to see you again this Thursday!

Ginger said...

Love it!!! Thanks for linking up to Mad Skills Monday!

Cassie said...

Oh yes, sista! These do indeed rock!! Love this project!!! =)

Jamie @ the Backless Shirt Blog said...

Love this idea! I linked to you on my "i dig on this" post!
jamie @ backless shirt

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

wow impressive. Thanks for your rare ideas !


candy jars
glass jars

The most important thing she’d learned over the years was that there was no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one."
~Jill Churchill