Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Mary had a little, uh, cow?

My daughter was asked to play Mary in our church's Christmas video
which meant that I needed to come up with a costume!

I found a pattern that had Mary, as well as many other Nativity costumes at Joann's and was so excited because now I have costume patterns for future years for my boys as well.  
Simplicity 4797.

It just so happens that Joann's had their Simplicity patterns on sale, 5 for $5!
I was one happy mama:)

My daughter Brooklyn as Mary.
She sat so patiently and did such a great job.
I am so proud of her:)

I had to sew this costume TWICE because I am a dork and thought that if I went up a size then she could wear it for longer, not realizing that it jumped from a 7/8 to a 10/12! Uh, yeah, there is a pretty big difference between a size 7 and a 12. The first one could have fit me in all my pregnant-ness and was ginormous on my 8 year old, so I had to go back and remake it. Thankfully I had just enough fabric for my redo and now I have TWO Mary costumes! I wouldn't have planned it that way, but whatever. Now when I need the bigger size I will look like the awesome Mom who thought ahead;)
No one needs to know the truth, right? Ha!

She did this pose all on her own:)

I have this other kid who we decided to dress as a cow:)
Isn't he adorable?

I found some great cow print fleece at Joann's
and made the little lamb costume with it to come up with a cow.

Oh, and I started sewing it The. Night. Before. the video shoot.
Yep. I am a procrastinator.
(New Years Resolution? I think so!)
Thankfully I didn't have to sew this one twice! Mama learned her lesson with Mary;)

He did such a great job in the video, sitting and smiling.

I just love his face!

My sweet Mary and little cow.

I am DYING to see the finished video!
I will post it after Christmas:)

Linking up with some of these blogs:
Fingerprints on the Fridge, Making The World Cuter, Dittle Dattle, Mad Skills Monday, Skip to my Lou, Craft O Maniac, Delicate Construction, Ask Anna, New Nostalgia, House of Grace, Sassy Sites, Not Just a Housewife, Today's Creative Blog, My Craftie Life, Sew Much Ado, Seven Thirty-Three, Someday Crafts, A Diamond in the Stuff, My Girlish Whims, Somewhat Simple, Momnivores Dilemma, Paisley Passions, Fun to Craft, Make it, Wear it, Gluesticks, House of Hepworths, What Allie's Making Now, Finding Fabulous, A Little Knick Knack, Mommas Kinda Crafty, Its a Hodgepodge Life, Inspiring Creations, Be Different Act Normal, Wildflowers and Whimsy, Tatertots and Jello, The Idea Room, My Repurposed Life, Sew Many Ways, I Heart Naptime, Thirty Handmade Days, Under the Table and Dreaming, Creative Itch, Oops I Craft My Pants, Addicted 2 Decorating

3 comments:

The Bryce Crew said...

Very cute cow costume! Well done! Looks fantastic...

Sassy Sites! said...

I can't even tell you how much I love the top picture of your daughter dressed as Mary. I love her sweet look on her face and her freckles! I am going to post this on Sassy Sites! I LOVE iT!! It actually brought tears to my eyes. Thanks for linking it up to Sassy Sites!

April said...

They look so adorable! Awesome job momma!

The most important thing she’d learned over the years was that there was no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one."
~Jill Churchill