Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Chatting over cheerios

I am not a breakfast person...I get up, make coffee and then usually I don't eat until lunch. This morning when I poured Brooklyn her cereal, I decided to sit at the table with her and have a bowl myself.

She is very chatty in the morning and thankfully I had a pen and paper handy to take a few notes about our conversation.
Here are my favorite bits:

Brooklyn: "God was dancing and He crashed into my stuff and woke me up and I was like, 'Oh good gracious!'"

Brooklyn: "My friend Morgan told me that if you don't brush your teeth at night and in the morning, they can fall out of your forhead. That's really creepy, huh Mom!"

I think I may eat breakfast more often:)

4 comments:

Amy Dubois said...

She is such a crack up!

Fish Face said...

Oh my gosh those are both hysterical. It's so cool you're writing all this stuff down. She's gonna appreciate it when she's older.

Fish Face said...

And I could see your facial expressions while eating your cheerios and listen to her. It was the "I'm really amused but I need to look serious" face. It was a funny mental picture.

Amy Culp said...

Ha ha Fish:) Reading your description of what my face probably looked like was exactly right and I totally just pictured Dad!!! Bah ha ha ha haaaaaaa! Love you Sister:)

The most important thing she’d learned over the years was that there was no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one."
~Jill Churchill