Monday, January 26, 2015

{DIY} Essential Oil Car Diffuser

I have been using essential oils for over a year now and love how very versatile they are.
I literally use essential oils for everything; health care for my family and my pets, pain management, cleaning, cooking, skin care, hair care, pest control, sleep, hormones, moods & emotional health.
 
They have pretty much changed my life.
 
If that all sounds a bit overwhelming,
then here's just a small example of how I use them in my daily life...in my car!
 
 
I stopped using those fake tree air fresheners in my car several years ago; they always gave me headaches and made me feel nauseous. Let's get real though...I need something to make my car smell nice. I have 3 children and we are always on the go, so my car is a mess of stinky soccer cleats, muddy shoes and banana peels.
 
For the last several months I have been putting oils on a cottonball & tucking it into the airvent.
It's been working pretty well, but well...it wasn't very pretty. (See what I did there? Ha!)

 
During Christmas baking I looked at the Christmas Tree cookie cutter and thought it would make a great template for a car diffuser. It totally does right?
 
I traced the cookie cutter on two pieces of green felt and cut them out, then I sewed them together using a zigzag stitch all the way around. I made some after this one where I straight stitched along the edge and it turned out equally cute and took considerably less time, so that's definitely another option.

 
Then I punched a hole in the top of the tiny tree and looped some hemp thread through.

 
Isn't it just adorable?

 
I put some grounding blend on it because, I mean, who couldn't use a little balance on their daily drive? No road rage for me, thank you very much. (Okay, so this won't prevent people from driving like idiots, but it helps keep me from wanting to drive them off the road)

 
Just a couple drops of essential oil and then hang it on your rearview mirror!

 
And there it is! My adorable and simple car diffuser:)
When the scent fades, just add a couple more drops of your favorite oil.
 
Other oils I love for in the car are Wild Orange and Peppermint, which together are very uplifting and energizing. I LOVE that blend for when I do the long drives for soccer tournaments and visiting family...keeps me alert and focused, which is always a good idea behind the wheel.
Oh and it smells divine. Win-Win!
 
Thanks for reading!
 
If you have been wanting to get more info on essential oils and would like to join my team, comment or email me! I would love to help you enrich your life with these amazing gifts of the earth:)
 
(The prices on this site are retail, so ask me how to get them for 25% off!)
 
You may find me linking up with some of these blogs:
Fingerprints on the Fridge, Making The World Cuter, Dittle Dattle, Mad Skills Monday, Skip to my Lou, Craft O Maniac, Delicate Construction, Ask Anna, New Nostalgia, House of Grace, Sassy Sites, Not Just a Housewife, Today's Creative Blog, My Craftie Life, Sew Much Ado, Seven Thirty-Three, Someday Crafts, A Diamond in the Stuff, My Girlish Whims, Somewhat Simple, Momnivores Dilemma, Paisley Passions, Fun to Craft, Make it, Wear it, Gluesticks, House of Hepworths, What Allie's Making Now, Finding Fabulous, A Little Knick Knack, Mommas Kinda Crafty, Its a Hodgepodge Life, Inspiring Creations, Be Different Act Normal, Wildflowers and Whimsy, Tatertots and Jello, The Idea Room, My Repurposed Life, Sew Many Ways, I Heart Naptime, Thirty Handmade Days, Under the Table and Dreaming, Creative Itch, Oops I Craft My Pants, Addicted 2 Decorating, CRAFT, DIY Home Sweet Home

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I really like this idea for a car diffuser - or anywhere really. I sew a lot and have lots of fabric and felt that I use for embroidery samples - look forward to trying this. Thanks for the idea.

April said...

I love this idea! These are too cute!

The most important thing she’d learned over the years was that there was no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one."
~Jill Churchill