Sunday, January 18, 2015

One Little Word 2015

It's almost 3 weeks into the new year and I am finally getting around to sharing my One Little Word for 2015. I stopped doing resolutions several years ago and instead choose a word to focus on for the year. It doesn't stop me from making goals, but in my experience resolutions are usually abandoned by now.



{One Little Word 2014}
Last year I chose the word Homemaker (or did it chose me?).
It ended up being a very truthful depiction of the year.

We raised 2 pigs and butchered them at home. It's the best pork we have ever eaten and we know how they were raised and what they were (and were not) fed. Totally getting a couple more piglets this year.

I started using essential oils for my families' health and wellness and the results were so incredible that I couldn't keep it to myself...Now I teach other people how to do the same!
It's something I'm super passionate about and I will be blogging about the ways I use them.

There were some not so great things that happened last year as well, but focusing on my family and the things within my control got me through.


My One Little Word for 2015 is {Renew}...and {Increase}.

Yep....two words. I was given two words this year along with promises for each.

{Renew} verb.
  • To make new or as if new again; restore.
  • To take up again; resume
  • To repeat so as to reaffirm
  • To regain or restore the physical or mental vigor of; revive.
  • To replenish
  • To bring into being again; reestablish
  • To become new again
  • To start over
As I said before, 2014 held some extra challenges and this word was given to me as a promise that 2015 is going to be a year of renewal. I'm not sure what its going to look like, but I am leaning into this promise. I feel the need to grant permission for anyone else to claim this promise for the new year as well...I know 2014 was a challenging year for many people. If that's you and this word resonates in your soul, then grab hold of this and see where it takes you.

{Increase} verb.
  • To become greater or larger
  • To make greater or larger
  • To multiply; reproduce
I had been really focusing on {Renew} and one day while I was praying about the word and all it's meanings, the Lord spoke {Increase} over me as well and I just wept. I felt that word so deeply and even writing about it now has me in tears. This word by itself can be good or bad, but paired with Renew, it takes on such hope and joy.

So those are my words for 2015. Do you choose a word each year or do you do resolutions?


One Little Word 2014
One Little Word 2013-no post, but it was JOY
One Little Word 2012
One Little Word 2011
One Little Word 2010
One Little Word 2009

1 comment:

Queen Mary said...

I have chosen/been chosen by Rise. Very excited. My prior words have been Courage; Enough; Journey.

The most important thing she’d learned over the years was that there was no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one."
~Jill Churchill