Thursday, January 01, 2009

My word for 2009

Happy New Year!

I read a blog today that encouraged me to
chose a word for this new year. I had no problem deciding on what mine would be. It is a word that has been jumping out at me all over the place. It is a word that I have been working on already, and I have decided to make it my theme for 2009.


My word is SIMPLIFY

To simplify my life and get back to basics.

I have decided that my new years resolution will be to have NO new years resolutions. Yep, that's right.
I tend to start the new year with ridiculous resolutions and complicated plans for myself, only to mess up once and then spin out of control in a vicious cycle of guilt and frustration, followed by more guilt and just one more brownie. Not this year. I have decided to keep things simple.


The most important thing she’d learned over the years was that there was no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one."
~Jill Churchill