Wednesday, November 30, 2011

28 Weeks

28 Weeks with baby #3

I am now in my third trimester and with that starts my favorite part of pregnancy:
RIB SKIN BURNING! 

Yep. It feels like a curling iron is sitting on the skin over my ribs,
and the flesh below is painfully numb. Anyone else ever experience this?
I have had it with all 3 of my pregnancies. Ice packs are my best friend right now. 

That is an icepack in an Ace bandage. I rock that at the grocery store.
By the afternoon I usually have a heating pad on my back and an ice pack on my ribs.
Makes this instinct they call "nesting" a little difficult;) Heh.
I do it anyway, but pay for it later.

Last night I cut out the pieces for a "Mary" costume that I am making for my daughter(she is going to be Mary in our church's Christmas video) and not only did it take me twice the time, but I practically cried the whole time.

Oh the things we do for our kids! Am I right? <--- Rhetorical question.

This is my view at 28 weeks.
See the stains? Yeah, I thought about photoshopping those out, but then I didn't;)
Ha! I figured most of my readers are moms and would get it.

The thing I am really enjoying right now is feeling and watching the baby move. I have been feeling him since week 10, but now the movements are so strong that it takes my breath away (with both pain and joy). I dream about who he will be and what he looks like. I love him so deeply already and know that all my suffering will be worth it...he is worth it.

 

5 comments:

Amy at Ameroonie Designs said...

it is worth it. Hang in there momma! That fantastic belly will be the source of tremendous blessings to come. So grateful for you that at least some things help with the pain. :( So very not fun.
xoxo,
Amy

Jenna said...

That's no fun, poor Momma! I hope the next 12 weeks go by quickly for you! You're right, that little baby will be so worth it, hang in there Amy!

Unknown said...

You should totally sew up some styling ace bandage covers ;) and, I still have similar stains even though the baby belly is (mostly) gone :)

Anonymous said...

AGH AMY..... I LOVE THIS POST!!! I AM NEVER going to have number Three but watching almost EVERYBODY else I know have their Third just makes me tear up. I sooo know what your going through, but at your stage I was bed ridden so I couldn't do all the things that are paining you. SO... DON'T take it for granted, though I know U NEVER WOULD!!!! =>
Mandy

LP aka A Crafty Southern Chick said...

So happy for you! Love that cute belly shot from above ;) "stains" and all!

The most important thing she’d learned over the years was that there was no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one."
~Jill Churchill