Friday, April 22, 2011

Butterfly Cupcakes

Adorable Spring Butterfly Cupcakes

Oh my YUM!
Aren't they so stinkin' cute?

This is what you need to make these:
Cupcakes
Frosting
Pretzels
Licorice Strings
Skittles
Tube of Frosting with tip

1. Frost Cupcakes
2. Grab a pretzel
3. Break the bottom piece off {Repeat}
4. Place them on cupcake, slightly off center towards the bottom.
5. Add Skittle for the head.
6. Grab tube of frosting with small circle tip.

7. Pipe a line of frosting down the broken edges of the pretzels for the body
8. Grab a licorice string
9. Cut 2 small pieces
10. Tuck them under the Skittle into the frosting.

Try not to eat them all!

Here they are in all their adorableness,
ready for B to take to school to share with her class for her birthday:)

I found this recipe idea HERE.


Linking up with some of these blogs:

MONDAYS

Making Photobucket 

TUESDAYS

HOGPhotobucketGet Your Craft On Tuesday

WEDNESDAYS

My Craftie Life

THURSDAYS

giveawaysPhotobucketmake it wear itPhotobucketParty Button

FRIDAYS/WEEKENDS

A Little Knick KnackFantabulous Friday!  
   Photobucket Catch As Catch CanUndertheTableandDreamingPhotobucketThe Girl CreativeThirty Hand Made Days

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super cute cupcake! My kids would love them since they have pretzels on them too!

Anna said...

Super cute! I bet she loved them. :)

Anna
www.askannamoseley.com

Amy at Ameroonie Designs said...

So fun, Amy! I love the look of these. So fun to celebrate a birthday.
xoxo,
Amy

Christine said...

Super cute idea and I needed a cute snack idea for my Sunday School kiddos and this is perfect with Easter...new life! Love it! Thanks for sharing you are a blessing! =O) Happy Easter to you.

Ladybird Ln said...

What a cute easy idea! I love the pretzel wings, so creative!

Carlee
www.ladybirdln.com

Unknown said...

Those are so adorable!!!! I would LOVE for you to share these at my For the Kids Link Party! Stop on by!

http://sunscholars.blogspot.com/2011/04/for-kids-friday-8.html

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

Oh my gosh! those cupcakes are so darn cute! thanks for linking up and linking back to catch as catch can.
Happy Easter!
gail

Unknown said...

So cute! And now I want cupcakes, too :)

Lolly Jane said...

k that really is ADORABLE!! i'm loving it! so cute. thanks a mil for linking up!
xoxo

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

These are unbelievably cute, Amy! I'm saving this idea for a preschool party.

Cranberry Morning said...

Aren't those cute!! What a great idea! Thanks for posting this. I can't imagine any child not loving a butterfly cupcake. :-)

annies home said...

adorable

Unknown said...

oh my... I don't think i'd be able to fill one lunch box while I am making these! I would have to really try hard not to eat them all! thanks for sharing! ^^)

The most important thing she’d learned over the years was that there was no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one."
~Jill Churchill