Wednesday, April 20, 2011

{Confession} I am a Lent Flunky!

I am a
 Big. Fat. Lent. Dropout.
Yep.
I quit!
I am a Lent Flunky.

How did I think that I could give up COFFEE?
Seriously?!?!?!


I bit off more than I could chew for my first ever Lent.
Rookie mistake.

I made it 31 days and then I couldn't. go. another. day.

I am WEAK!
I am HUMAN!
I am a MOTHER!
I NEED COFFEE!

Sorry...got a little excited here.
I kinda looke like Cookie Monster, except I would be the Coffee Monster.

Okay, by this time I had had a few sips and was blissfully back to normal;)

What did I learn?

1. Next year I will give up Lent.
2. I am much more productive with coffee.
3. I am a much nicer wife and mommy when I drink(coffee).
Bah ha ha ha!!!

Just keepin' it real folks!
"Oh, I can't stop drinking the coffee.
If I stop drinking coffee,
I stop doing the standing and the walking
 and the words putting-into-sentence doing."

~Lorelai Gilmore

12 comments:

Crazy lady said...

Hahah! You are so awesome! And I love your list of what you learned. I give up lent every year. :D haha

Bethany said...

I tried to give up coffee once. My co-workers begged me to go back on it :)
I don't do Lent. Not because I don't have the will--but because I forget that I gave something up, lol. I do not eat meat on Fridays and I'm in church every week so I figure I'm already doing better than many, haha.

Unknown said...

Ha, at least you made a goal! And I'm impressed you made it that long!

Miranda said...

Warning: Semi-serious comment coming :)

This is the first year I gave up something for Lent, and only because I remembered (woohoo!) to pray about it in advance and feel like God told me clearly what was needed.

And I've still failed. Because I'm cool like that.

But anyway, to give up coffee will not (hopefully) ever be asked of me. I'm not sure I could actually parent my kids without it!

SaraZ said...

I was waiting for this post! ha!
I love you friend. Thanks for keeping it real!

leah mari said...

hahah i dont drink coffee but i def understand giving up things and not feeling like your normal self while doing it!

Andi said...

major props for making it 31 days!! And also for actually remebering to give something up for Lent. I give up Lent every year :-P And that coffee monster picture...cracks. me. up!!!!! love it! We seem to make the same kind of faces :-) I call mine "horse mouth"

Janna Renee said...

haha i could NEVER give up coffee!

The undomesticated scientist said...

I failed on even starting lent! I gave up coffee once, The hot sweats, headache, dissyness and total lethergy made me glad i never got hooked on anything worse!

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

At least you made it 31 days, Amy! So close! Love it.

Randi said...

I'm so glad we weren't the only ones! LOL! We gave up fast food and did fine the first 30 days, then we started trying to find things that weren't fast food then we gave up all together. It was a little insane for us to try fast food since we both work and I don't like to cook. Next year we'll try something else, lol

Mom Starting From Scratch said...

I feel your pain! I gave up coffee on a fast last year...can we say 3 days of headaches that left me whimpering on the couch in a fetal position? One good thing that came of all of it...I realized...boy...do I need to cut back! I try to limit coffee to mornings only, and switch to tea in the afternoons.

Welcome back to Javaland!

The most important thing she’d learned over the years was that there was no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one."
~Jill Churchill